Wednesday, November 3, 2010

SeeBethWrite

Write, Beth, Write!

Here goes. The English teacher next door assigns a Poetry Notebook Project every year to her Creative Writing class. I have two students in my first hour that were complaining about/discussing the project yesterday. As a bit of a challenge to myself, I decided I would do the project too, as a creative exercise.

Mrs. M gives the students a specific outline of what she expects along with descriptions of 51 different types of poems. Students are asked to choose 20. Upon reviewing the information, I think I can do all 51. Now 52, since she gave me one more this morning.

The first thing I did upon receiving the information - the same assignment packet the students get- was to read through and take notes. Between yesterday and today, I've spent about half an hour asking questions and getting clarification from Mrs. M. She's being very supportive of my mission.

I'm off to a running start. Hopefully I can keep up the momentum.

Peace, SeeBethWrite

No comments:

Post a Comment